Monday, January 20, 2014

I Saw Something Case 1 - The little girl in a college campus

I Saw Something Case 1
The little girl in a college campus


(09-14-13)

14:57. “I saw a girl, sitting on the back of the class room IIA-301a” -Jhie
An Entrepreneurship student reported that she saw a little girl in an empty class room at the 3rd floor of the University's main building on August 31, around 6 in the evening.

Hi. I’m the Stray Russian Blue. Today is 14th of September in the year 2013. Today is September 14, 2013. The rain will never seem to quit from giving me a headache. Not to mention the cold wind that makes my toothache worst. Despite of the angry weather condition and wet road, I pushed myself to the School where terrified students claim that they saw something. After 30 minutes of biking, I have arrived at the school. Damn it. It’s still raining.

I've been inside the classroom where students said “haunted” by a playful spirit of a child –the room IIA-301a. Is there really something strange going on in this room whenever a class period ends?


The management of the school doesn't want me to say the name of the school neither the students nor school personnel involved in this case.


This university is located somewhere in Quezon City. It is right behind a famous mall in the Philippines. Easy to identify where your students might be when they’re gone missing.  It is also standing inside a high school campus where you have to walk through upon entering the college grounds. I arrived at seven in the morning to find a parking lot. There’re few high school students because today is Saturday. After requesting permission and data gathering, I finally had my right to tour around the school. The college grounds were actually small compared to the high school ground which is 9-times bigger. They only have one building with 3 floors some rooms of a high school building beside. Some class rooms are often vacant specially Saturdays. No wonder why these “sightings” were only present during weekends.


After a quick tour and interviews with some students, I learned that the room 301a has many ghostly stories even before. An I.T. graduate student Miriam says, “The room is already haunted, even when I was a fresh man. I can’t remember the first time that I experienced something paranormal on that room. It was near evening, when our last period of the day has finally ended. One of my class-mate who’s already outside first left his denim jacket on the back row of the room. I was still inside the room together with a few classmates. When he returned to get his jacket, we’re shocked to see a blurred; dark-figure of a man wearing the denim jacket. In our panic, we screamed while the others ran outside. In a snap, the jacket suddenly fell off and the dark figure vanished like a smoke. I will never forget that experience.”  Miriam also told me that the lights on the back part of the room are turned off when the apparition happened.

After hearing those from Miriam, I asked Jhie to accompany me to the class room.


Jhie and I went to the class room at the 3rd floor of the building. When we got to the class room, there was a dead silence despite of the heavy falling rain. When I entered the room, I kept looking on the middle alley of the room. I felt an eerie feeling that someone is watching me from the empty seats. Jhie also points the exact place where she saw the child was sitting politely. It actually caught my attention right after I entered the room because all of the seats are made of hard plastic mono block chairs aside from one wooden chair on the back of the room. Just staring on the freaking wooden chair makes me feel nervous. As an adventurer, I expect the worst like a ghost might puffs out on the chair like the ones in the movies. I guess horror films don’t do anything good for me.


Nothing came out on the chair. The chair doesn't transform into something horrifying either, but when we’re about to go out of the room, a strong lightning struck maybe on the top of the building. Even I got shocked by the sound. It made Jhie scream on her might. After taking pictures of the room at 16:30, Jhie left me because she has a class to attend. But before she left me, she said that she’s not the only person who saw the child. If you heard a story from a person, it might be a made-up story. I you heard another story with different experience; it is now called a rumor. But if almost everybody claims that they saw or experience the same thing, it is now a fact or rather a routine. There’s a person known as Chie that also saw the same girl. This Chie told Jhie that he also saw the child but that moment, the child was running in the corridor of 3rd floor around 7:00 in the evening. Bad news for me though, this Chie doesn't want to talk about it.

17:25. I went down to the lobby and asked the guards if there’s a child who entered the school that day. One of the guards said that there’s a little girl playing around the college grounds at day time when the cafeteria is still open. “Our cafeteria vendor here has a daughter around 5 years old who always plays around the building. But, at 5 pm the cafeteria is already closed and the vendor who has a child is probably in their house at 6.” Said the guard “and I remember that day, I did my patrol period at 6 pm, there’s no child in the building. We would have seen her if she passes the lobby”. Based on what I've observed, the guard is telling the truth that the lobby is the only way to enter the college grounds. They strongly assure that there’s no child that night.

How come those only students can experience these ghostly encounters? Does this prove that if you believe that something is in there, what you think will manifest on what you see?



At last, the rain minimized its anger; I took a little walk outside around the building. I noticed 2 high school buildings stood near the college building. There’s a long building with yellow colour paint named Dao. It is somehow the closest high school building. So close, that a college and high school student can have a conversation about how boring their professors could be. In the other hand, the 2nd nearest building that belongs to high school looks like a prison camp. I don’t know, maybe the director of the school wants a building for naughty students or something. I immediately imagined horrifying things happening inside that building if the students didn’t make their home works. If I would be a student of this school, I don’t want to spend my life in prison. In Dao, I found a high school student who’s studying in this school for 3 years. I asked her if she had a paranormal experience while she’s inside Dao. She said she’s just having a feeling that she’s not alone whenever she’s by herself. She’s just also hearing rumours about Dao that was haunted. With a coffee in my hand and the sky starting to get dark, I head back to the college building’s 3rd floor to experience the presence of this playful girl.


18:26. I was planning to stay in the room until 8pm. Sad to say, there’s an on-going class until 9pm in the class room. By that moment, I have no choice but to leave the school. Feeling unsatisfied, I studied the pictures that I got to see if there’s any apparition. Unfortunately these pictures are just pictures. Maybe these encounters only happen only when it’s getting dark. There may be a ghost or not, what matters is how you believe what you saw, for the school’s “little girl” might only be a manifestation of what you think. Every person has their own ways to tell, whether we’re talking about the same experience, whether we saw the same mystery.


This is the Stray Russian Blue. When you see something and finally, you prove it’s not only you who saw it, will you still believe it?


Special thanks to:
  • Ms. Jhie
  • Ms. Miriam
  • to school guards
  • to all the staff of this University
  • the cafeteria for coffee
Gadgets and Gears by Asilianna de Montesquieu

Photos taken and story written by Snow de Montesquieu (The Stray Russian Blue)


No comments:

Post a Comment